Ted's Baked Wild Salmon
1 or 2 taboespoons olive oil
dollop of butter
1-2 cloves minced garlic
pepper (fresh cracked is best)
dash of worchestershire
dash of cayenne
- Melt together then add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place fillet in baking dish skin side down. Baste generously. Lay sliced onions on top if you wish.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes at 400º.
- Checkness doneness. Should be rare. Baste with remainder of sauce. Broil on high for 2 minutes to obtain crispy surface.
Slow Baked Salmon
- Season Wild Alaskan salmon fillet according to taste
- Place in oven at 175º
- Place pan of water beneath fish to provide a moist environment while cooking
- Cook 40-45 minutes
The extremely low cooking temperature keeps fish from drying out and it is almost impossible to overcook. The fish can actually be cooked on the platter it is to be served on as the low temperature will not harm most table ware.